Those eligible for membership are current district administrators of Bilingual Education, English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) Program Coordinators, prior administrators from such programs, district designees of Bilingual Education or ESOL Programs, Higher Education Administrators, etc.
We hold meetings four times each year.
Membership benefits include:
- Discussion of national and state issues pertinent to English Learners
- Collaboration with other professional organizations.
- Resources for district professional development.
- State updates by Connecticut State Department of Education Consultants on issues relating to English Learners.
- Networking for job placement and /or vacancies.
If you would like to become a member, please complete our membership form.
Dues for the 2020- 2021 year remain $30. All memberships will be required to be current in order to receive the passcode to attend future CAPELL meetings and to receive CAPELL emails. We are kindly requesting that you complete your membership by October 16 (2 weeks after our first meeting) in one of two ways:
Send a check to Kristi Lawson, Department Head for Language Learning, Stamford High School, 55 Strawberry Hill Avenue, Stamford, CT 06902
Send electronic payment VENMO that specifically states “CAPELL” to @aztecers (Kristina Lawson). The note of “CAPELL” is very important in order for us to use Venmo so that Kristi can ensure we have an electronic record of all payments.
Should you have any questions, you can email Kristi at email@example.com